Skip to main content

a few of my favorite things.....

I have to share a couple of things that I've been enjoying, loving, watching, reading.....First the movie. We rented My Sassy Girl--loved it. It's not at the Redbox, so you'll have to splurge and go to Blockbuster or Hollywood, but it's totally worth it. Second the book, I just finished reading A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson. It was quirky and fun-a perfect match for the movie mentioned above. I laughed out loud several times during the book and even had to read parts to Cory because I was giggling so much. He even giggled with me. hahahehe. Third summer nights--take advantage of these gloriously warm evenings. It's the perfect temperature to stroll, sit in the grass, look at the stars, which brings me to summer mornings-the breeze coming in the window, cool sheets, walking, listening to the birds, sprinklers, smellings the trees and grass--ahhh then the infamous hot afternoons perfect for swimming, lazying around and sitting under the swamp cooler. All of you with central air are totally missing out. I LOVE SUMMER! I love to be hot and sweaty, sticky from juicy melons, blue tongued from licking popsicles--craving ice cream and watching it melt off the cone....ahhh summer--I wish it could last forever....I need to move to Hawaii and vacation somewhere to board and snowshoe.

Comments

You can move to AZ and have it all the time :)
We will get to enjoy it together in a few weeks!!
Tina said…
I want to go enjoy the summer with you and Isaak! Lets get together this week... I am available Wednesday-Friday during the day. Maybe swimming? or we could go for a stroll. We miss you!
EA said…
I would totally have to agree with you. I think that I am partial to the warmer weather, but would love to vacation to cooler places to get in the winter activities.

Perhaps I will read that book - What is it about?
Cory&SadieK said…
the book is about the birds in East Africa-kind of and about an older man and a bet. I know it sounds boring, but it's written so well and the story is great--plus you fall in love with the older man. It's a great book--you should read it. I'm even going to buy it.

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!