Skip to main content

Memories

I was feeling sad on Saturday. It was one of the last days a year ago that I saw my Grandpa alive. I was sad thinking about how it was our last good talk. We talked about how he loved to go to dances and woo the ladies. I think he might have been a bit of a ladies man back in the day. We talked about his favorite music and his favorite dances. We held hands. I helped him put on his chap stick. He like me was hopelessly addicted. I was telling Cory ab0ut all this and feeling sad, then Cory said, "Sadie those memories shouldn't make you sad. they should make you happy. I would give my left pinky toe to have had one last fishing trip with my grandpa."

At that moment I realized that I was blessed. God gave me so many memories. Memories bright and beautiful enough for me to make a quilt in my mind. I can pull them out at any time and smile. I can laugh and maybe even sometimes I can cry. I love thinking of all the quilts that I'm making now with Isaak and Cory. I love thinking of all the people in my life that I just love and talking to them and spending time with them and making them a little square in my quilt of memories. God is merciful.

Comments

jaredandgina said…
I know that feeling but it is great that you have those precious memories with your grandpa!
I am glad you have those memories. I know it must be really hard for you to deal with his passing since he was a father figure for you. Just know you will see him again and he is still watching over you. It is just from the other side now. Sorry things have been so rough for you lately with all the sickness and other stuff
EA said…
I really like how you phrased that... a memory quilt. I too feel sad from time to time when I see photos of my grandma who passed just a couple years ago. Cory is a wise sage. Then again, his wife is quite wise too. We're lucky to have you as friends. I hope we can make some more quilt squares with you guys soon! :)
Tina said…
I love this! What a beautiful post. Even though, I kinda feel like a horrible friend because I know I talked to you on that day and I did not even know you were feeling sad.

Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...