Skip to main content

That silly boy loves flowers

I was chatting away on the phone when Isaak came running up to me yelling Mommy-Mommy. He laughed and ran off again. Cory was cleaning the bathroom and decided to put some of my headbands on Isaaks head--well Isaak rearranged them and slipped one into his mouth. He ran around with the headbands on for about twenty minutes. (Tina this is why I started laughing uncontrollably and could barely talk!)

I guess I'll tell the story backwards since my pictures are uploaded backwards and I'm too lazy to try and fix them. We went hiking in AF canyon about a week ago and the wildflowers were amazing! We hiked this little trail along the creek and ended up in a meadow. I promise at one point Isaak was wearing clothes, but that was before we decided to eat our snacks. I don't know what in the world we were thinking about bringing cherries, but we did. Isaak was wearing a yellow polo shirt, so we quickly derobed the little lad so he could enjoy cherries. He was dripping in juice so I got in the stream to just wash him off a bit, but he sat down in the creek. He was soaked, but he loved every second splashing and singing. We didn't bring another diaper with us, so we had to put an end to our lovely stroll. Isaak eating the cherries. He had a little process. Put the entire cherry in his mouth. Chew while all the juices ran down his chest and dobbled unto his diaper, then spit out the pit and sometimes about half of the cherry. I was a little frantic about trying to leave no trace.

The butterfly picture. They were all flitting about in the flowers. Pretty.


Some pictures of the flowers. I wish the camera could have captured the real beauty of the canyon. flowers were springing up all over the place. The entire sides of the mountains were covered in wild daisies and all sorts of other flowers. It was almost magical. You should go before it gets too hot. We tried to go hiking again today, but it didn't turn out to be such a good idea since Cory and I both burned our shoulders when we went swimming on Thursday. We put on the packs and kept saying--ooo---ow--sharp intake of breath. We only lasted about twenty minutes before we turned around and found a shady spot to eat our pudding, goldfish crackers, and rice cakes. A tad bit less messy than cherries!

Comments

DottieLou said…
he is a crazy little nut... Issac I mean
Unknown said…
Wow, those pictures are amazing! Especially the ones with Issak and the headband. What a funny kiddo!
We miss you guys!
I can't wait until I feel like I can hike again without passing out.
Tina said…
Ummm.... hello?! I hate blogger! It didn't even tell me you updated your blog! I LOVE the headbands. They made me start laughing hysterically. It looks like head gear for braces. I am jealous of your hiking. I need to start liking the outdoors... I think that would work out really nice. lol Keep the super cute photos coming!

I think every scrapbook page you make you should load onto your blog... then we would get more pics and updates!!!!!!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.