Skip to main content

For the LOVE!!

What a day we had. What a day we had. I get tired again just thinking about it. Cory's car is getting the muffler put back on. I'm a little sad about it because Isaak and I could hear his car coming from over a block away when he was on his way home, but it's also a little embarrassing how loud it is. I'm sure it defied all noise ordinances. In any case, Isaak and I have been getting up a little early to take Cory to work, which is kind of fun because we get to see him more, but before dinner it's not kind of fun. It's kind of stinky because it's a hustle to get everything all put together. Yesterday I had to make dinner at about 3pm so I could get everything in.

So back to yesterday. Isaak and I had just rolled our bushy little tails out of bed and both of us were still in pajamas. I was wearing my chacos and one of Cory's jackets and Isaak wanted to bring all of his blankets. Thankfully for some weird reason I threw his tennis shoes into the diaper bag, but minus socks. I just brought my wallet because I figured we'd be back home in a matter of a half an hour or so. We dropped Cory off and started happily heading our way back home. Then when we were about five minutes away from Cory's work the car started shaking and then it started riding funny and then I realized............ we had a flat tire. I pulled over into an apartment complex to see how flat it was. Completely flat. I knew I couldn't drive on the rim or risk ruining it. so I parked all crazy in a stall and went to grab my cell phone out of the diaper bad and then I remembered I didn't bring my cell phone. I looked around the apartment complex and it looked super sleepy and from my self defense training I was afraid to just randomly knock on some door to ask for help. I wasn't really close to anything and then I saw a lady walking with her kids in a stroller and I thought--Yay! It's an answer to my prayer. I run over to her and explain my situation and ask if I can use her cell phone. She says I can, but she's in a hurry to get her daughter to preschool and can't really wait. I can't walk off and leave Isaak in the car, so I let her head off to her preschool appointment--apparently she didn't know that she was the answer to my prayer.

So I have no choice, but to bundle Isaak up in his blankets and put his little tennis shoes on and start walking. I get him all settled and cuddled in on my belly and then I start having contractions and I'm thinking--no this can't happen right now! It can't start right now while I'm trudging around in my pajamas with Isaak in the freezing cold!!! I'm almost in tears--mostly because I'm pregnant I'm sure. I mean a flat tire really isn't a big deal right? I finally reach the Grocery Store, but I can't get ahold of Cory because his phone is long distance, so I realize that to get a hold of Cory I have to call his Mom to call him. I just hoped she was home and thankfully she was. She called Cory until he called her back and she only had to call him two times--what a good son, eh? Isaak and I headed back outside in hopes that Cory would eventually pull up to help us. I hate not having my cell phone. I've become so reliant. About ten minutes later, which seriously felt like eternity Cory found us. I almost started crying when I saw him or maybe I did. I'm not going to tell. A guy from work let him borrow his car to rescue us. Cory had the spare on in less than 10 minutes--who needs triple A with that kind of service? We finally made it back home and it was almost 10am. It took about two hours longer than I thought. I ate like a ravenous pregnant woman because that's what I am, then we headed out to what I thought would be a quick appt at the midwives--unfortunately they had an emergency and were behind. So Isaak and I waited two hours. TWO HOURS! Thats a long time for a toddler. I'm just blessed that we packed bananas, granola bars and water. I'm also glad that I decided not to get checked because Isaak suddenly had to pee urgently while we were waiting in our room and that might have been embarrassing to run down the hallway only wearing those sheer sheets that they give you to cover up with. When we finally got home Isaak and I both collapsed into bed with huge sighs of relief, but I didn't have long to sleep since I had to get up and make dinner since Cory and I both had stuff to do at the church that night. But the good news is that around 9pm we were able to retrieve Cory's car. Now we have to get my tire fixed. But at least the day is over and I had a good night of rest between me and it.

Comments

Unknown said…
What a day!!! Poor mama. I'm sure I would have cried also. That's sad that that woman wouldn't even stop for a few minutes for you. I hope that I won't be so self-focused that I don't help someone in need. Glad you guys survived.
Also, it does stink to wait a long time for a doc. appt. Here there is one main pediatrician that all of the students see, but she does internal medicine too (to serve the whole population since doctors are few and far between) and the whole thing took us 3 hours!!! I feel your pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!