Skip to main content

Mommy!!! Help Please!

Isaak loves bath time. Every night after we eat dinner he grabs my hand and starts yelling, "Tub, Mommy! Tub, Mommy!" We divert to his toy room to get his toys. I start to fill up the tub with water as he dumps his toys in. He likes to stay in the tub about 45 minutes. I know it's a long time, but he loves it. I play with him at the beginning then he starts to play with his boats and stuff on his own and I read a book sitting next to the tub on the floor. Can you imagine it? I usually use the side of the tub as an arm rest. I'm reading and Isaak is splashing around like a little duck and then I can feel him put something in my hand, but I'm almost finished with the chapter, so I'm not really hearing what he says. I notice the texture of what he put in my hand is a little weird. It's kind of squishy and wet--then it registers what he's saying, "Stinky, Mommy, Stinky!" I looked at my hand and a scream erupted. I jumped up and threw. I had poop in my hand. Poop. Yuck. Eww. I threw the poop. Cory came running into the room and Isaak mimics me when I scream so I'm screaming and Isaak's screaming. Cory looks on the floor and sees poop. He turned into the Super Pooper Scooper-dadadada--donning his cape. He swiftly captures some toilet paper and the poop and throws it into the toilet. He then went above and beyond and fished the stinky out of the tub. Ewww. He accidentally put one of Isaak's toys in the toilet, so he stuck his hand back in the poop to fish it out. EWWW! But seriously he should get some kind of super hero costume for that. I was busy gagging and washing my hands with hot water. I know I change diapers all the time, but literally holding a poop in your hand is a little different than accidentally getting a little on your fingers. We sterilized the toys and the tub--now if only I can figure out how to get Isaak to let me know before he makes a stinky so we can get that baby in the toilet!

Comments

jaredandgina said…
Oh gross Sadie!! That is too funny!! It seems that Dad's are the best at cleaning poopy tubs, Jared has done it everytime cause I gag the whole time and can't do it!
DottieLou said…
he he he ... so funny I have to say no one has ever handed me poop.. ha ha ha... he he... laugh my head off
Heather said…
So funny. When my kids are "I"s age I make them sit on the toilet before they get in the tub. Even if they don't do anything. It also starts getting them ready for potty training! Toooo Hilarious!!!!
Penny said…
HAHA!! That is so funny and gross!!!
EA said…
I seriously was laughing out loud when I read this. Hilarious. (Sigh) I'm sure we'll have our own misadventures in the tub. Good for Cory. What a trooper!

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...