Skip to main content

Mommy!!! Help Please!

Isaak loves bath time. Every night after we eat dinner he grabs my hand and starts yelling, "Tub, Mommy! Tub, Mommy!" We divert to his toy room to get his toys. I start to fill up the tub with water as he dumps his toys in. He likes to stay in the tub about 45 minutes. I know it's a long time, but he loves it. I play with him at the beginning then he starts to play with his boats and stuff on his own and I read a book sitting next to the tub on the floor. Can you imagine it? I usually use the side of the tub as an arm rest. I'm reading and Isaak is splashing around like a little duck and then I can feel him put something in my hand, but I'm almost finished with the chapter, so I'm not really hearing what he says. I notice the texture of what he put in my hand is a little weird. It's kind of squishy and wet--then it registers what he's saying, "Stinky, Mommy, Stinky!" I looked at my hand and a scream erupted. I jumped up and threw. I had poop in my hand. Poop. Yuck. Eww. I threw the poop. Cory came running into the room and Isaak mimics me when I scream so I'm screaming and Isaak's screaming. Cory looks on the floor and sees poop. He turned into the Super Pooper Scooper-dadadada--donning his cape. He swiftly captures some toilet paper and the poop and throws it into the toilet. He then went above and beyond and fished the stinky out of the tub. Ewww. He accidentally put one of Isaak's toys in the toilet, so he stuck his hand back in the poop to fish it out. EWWW! But seriously he should get some kind of super hero costume for that. I was busy gagging and washing my hands with hot water. I know I change diapers all the time, but literally holding a poop in your hand is a little different than accidentally getting a little on your fingers. We sterilized the toys and the tub--now if only I can figure out how to get Isaak to let me know before he makes a stinky so we can get that baby in the toilet!

Comments

jaredandgina said…
Oh gross Sadie!! That is too funny!! It seems that Dad's are the best at cleaning poopy tubs, Jared has done it everytime cause I gag the whole time and can't do it!
DottieLou said…
he he he ... so funny I have to say no one has ever handed me poop.. ha ha ha... he he... laugh my head off
Heather said…
So funny. When my kids are "I"s age I make them sit on the toilet before they get in the tub. Even if they don't do anything. It also starts getting them ready for potty training! Toooo Hilarious!!!!
Penny said…
HAHA!! That is so funny and gross!!!
Unknown said…
I seriously was laughing out loud when I read this. Hilarious. (Sigh) I'm sure we'll have our own misadventures in the tub. Good for Cory. What a trooper!

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

The Monkey Mobile

I've been thinking about getting one of those bike mobiles that you can attach to the back of your bike to haul Isaak around on. We were visiting Cory's sister Heather and she has one so we thought we'd try it out... At the beginning, he was thinking that it was pretty cool. He was smiling and talking away... Then he realized he was trapped!!!! He fought, pushed, and shoved trying to escape. He became distraught. Crying and whining trying to tell us that he needed help to get out! Isaak falling as he tries to free himself...no worries...he was safe. I was right there taking pics His face of joy as we unzipped the top to free him from his netty prison. We decided not to get one for obvious reasons...... This picture has nothing to do with the Monkey mobile, but I love his eyes!!! so pretty--we love to go on walks so we bundle him all up in the stroller so he stays nice and toasty.