Skip to main content

I am a MOM

Wow! What a week and it's only Wednesday. I worked about 21 hours between Monday and Tuesday. I'm amazed at woman that work full time--it must be so hard. I feel like the house is this living breathing entity that constantly needs something done. And if the house doesn't need something done, then I surely need to make dinner or work on some project that I started. The weirdest part about working so much was not seeing Isaak. He was in excellent hands with his Grandma and Grandpa and I know he had tons of fun, but I barely saw him.

Some days as a Mom can be monotonous and some days Isaak can about make me crazy! Some days I don't feel like fixing dinner and some days I'm just a little bored, but most days are pretty great. I get to spend time with Isaak reading, hiking, swimming, swinging, or just running around the yard. I get to watch him and help him with his behavior. I get to help him take naps and then I get the bonus of having down time!!! I love my afternoons while he naps, even if sometimes I only fold laundry and watch hulu. I like having my own schedule and making decisions about what to do with my day. I will just need to remember this during winter time because I'm not crazy about being cooped up inside all the time. Maybe we need to live in Hawaii for half of the year and Utah for the other half. I love the beach. I can see Isaak running around with his bleach blond curls and tan as can be on the beach. Now if we can just find a job flexible enough for Cory.

This week has also helped me realize that I've made the transition to mommydom. I had such a hard time switching over to full time Mom. It was so difficult for me, but now I actually missed being home. I missed making dinner. I missed making hot breakfasts. I missed reading books to Isaak. I missed living life at a slower pace. It took me awhile to get used to not running all of the time and it feels awesome. I like being a Mom and I feel a sense of purpose. My job is important. I've never grown more as a person--ever. I like what is happening in my life. So--Isaak thanks for letting me be your Mom. I know your stubborn, spirited and wild!! But I love every little bit of it. The best is when you say, "I want my mama." No words can make me melt faster.

Comments

DottieLou said…
making good choices has truly blessed your life. I am proud of you. DY
Amen to everything you said. Being a mom is the greatest! I don't miss the fast pace of the working life at all either.
Penny said…
I love this post. You are a great mom. Congrats on being pregnant! I just read your earlier post. That is so exciting. Maybe you will have a Halloween baby like Izzy!

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

Scattered

Little "I" takes his first daring steps into the unknown...okay we didn't really have the camera ready for his first steps, but he took them on Cory's Birthday. Cory was so excited that Isaak actually gave him a Birthday Present--ahhh, I'm sure your heart is melting. We've had some big changes in January. Mainly Cory's work schedule. It's all crazy, but we are adjusting. We've gone snowshoeing about five times already this year. Isaak gets so bundled up that it reminds me of The Christmas Story when the little boys cries because he can't put his arms down. Isaak got swimming lessons for Christmas. I laugh hysterically during the lessons. Isaak isn't a cuddly baby, but in the pool he wraps his little arms around my neck and DOESN'T let go!!! He is warming up to the idea though and was less scared this week compared to last week. But I must admit that I love the cuddling. We also bought him some reusable swim diapers. He looks like he'