Skip to main content

Baby Food AKA Applesauce

So we have been working on getting our food storage. It's quite the task, but it's actually really nice because you hardly ever have to go to the store and you can usually make anything you want and not have to worry about missing an ingredient. Unless you're making something funky like Thai Chicken Noodle Soup and you need red curry paste-just a recent example. We came to the realization that we had a plethora of vegetables, beans, pasta, flour, etc., but we had no fruit. The other day we went and picked some apples and decided to make applesauce. So now we have added many jars of various types of applesauce we have anything in between chunky and too soupy even for a baby-Don't ever try to put your boiled apples in the blender and puree.
This nifty tool is a super, amazing, speedy fast apple peeler, corer, slicer. We can't take all the credit for this great device, my friend, Jenn told us about it. It makes applesauce easy and fun.
Look at those beautiful apples. All ready to boil in about 3-5 minutes.Realistically Cory did most of the work. I found a recipe online for unsweetened applesauce and Cory pretty much did everything else. Actually, I peeled most of the apples with the super, amazing speedy fast apple peeler, corer, slicer which was pretty hard work.
And I stirred the apples for about 10 seconds before I started wandering around the house to look for something to do.

Comments

DottieLou said…
i hope it was good... you are so dang spoiled
Jenn said…
Yea! You got the apple corer/peeler/slicer! I love that y'all took pictures of yourselves making applesauce! So fun! Cory especially looks like he is having a great time peeling those apples. Haha.
claire said…
Deja vu, lady. Deja vu. Did you stay up late peeling the apples? Cause I would have.

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...