Skip to main content

The FLO-RIDER

So they opened up a new aquatics center by our house that is the bomb.com. I love the place. Isaak loves it because they have slides and steering wheels and a pool thats only a foot deep. Cory and I recently fell in love with it because of the flo-rider. I have no idea if that's what it's called, but people keep saying it's like surfing, but it's totally not. It's completely different, but completely cool in it's own way. I would do this everyday if I could afford it. We left Isaak with his Grandparents and we went to ride the wave.When we first got there I was so excited to try something new that I was a little giddy, but as I read the waiver we had to sign I started getting cold feet. It said that my body including my head might be smashed up against some fiberglass. What? I don't want to smash my head into fiberglass, but for the record I did once and it wasn't that bad. I didn't even get a headache. I did on the other hand take a five minute break to eat dried berries. It's my new favorite snack. I love those things. Maybe it's all the sugar? or maybe the antioxidants?I was a little chicken at first and just did the body surfing, which was pretty fun. The first few times I got shot over the top of the wave and smashed into the grate. I'm glad there's a wave because I almost lost my bottoms one time. I think everyone waiting in line saw my cheeks. The water is pushing with so much force that before you stand up you have to grab hold of your bottoms and tug up with all you got. I eventually got a hang of riding the wave so that I could shoot out the bottom, which was awesome.Cory getting ready to catch the wave. You just place your board and then put your weight on your back foot and off you go! Cory did body surfing once then he was all for trying to stand up. He finally got it after several falls and was able to cut it up a bit on the wave. He looked awesome.Doesn't he look Great? He got the hang of it, but he still took a fall, which naturally I had to get a picture of. It's kind of weird when you fall because it pulls you up the wave instead of down underneath. You can see the board going up the wave first and Cory coming after. Also notice the wave aka the bottom puller downer. Cory even had to cinch up his bottoms because they kept coming down.The lifeguard talked me into trying to stand up again. She let me hold the rope. I don't know if it really does anything because it's not even taunt, but it gave me courage to try standing up. It went pretty awesome the first time and I didn't even go off the back. I glided down the front again. The second time I dared to let go of the rope and by accident I did a turn, but I didn't fall down. I give myself no credit for staying up because I have no idea how it was possible, but I did. Cory told me that everyone on the side thought my lil trick was pretty awesome. I got scared so I guided the board back to the front again, so I didn't have to brave losing my bottoms again. I was so sore the next day that I could barely lift my neck without cringing. But it was completely worth it. In fact I even liked it better than snowboarding-1. falling doesn't hurt as bad 2. it's not cold 3. it's not as scary for me 4. it makes me giggle giddy 5. it's not near as expensive 6. because summer is much cooler than winter. I can't wait to go back. I hope we get to go again before summer is over.

Comments

jaredandgina said…
We have always wanted to try this! Nice to see from my same speed and cautious buddy that it was not too scary! They have one of these at the cool water park at Niagara falls that we have been wanting to do. Maybe when you guys come out it will be warm and we can go there!
Tina said…
First of all.... check out how amazing you look!!! Seriously Sadie!

Second... I am SO jealous! I want to go! I mean, I really really really want to go! It looks like so much fun! And I loved your list of why it is better than snowboarding. All of it sounds perfect to me!

Why do I live in Nevada again? :P

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.