Skip to main content

NEW YORK

The flight to New York. Wow. I was a little nervous about this endeavor. I mean a myriad of things could go wrong, but I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised at how awesome it went. We flew out of our good ole city at 11:30pm. I thought the flight was at midnight, so we got there just in time to board. We ended up sitting on Row1--There is nothing better than the front row. We had extra leg room, Isaak was amused by the flight attendants. We got an aisle seat and the lady that sat next to us was a cute Grandma from Florida. Isaak was quite amused by the headphones and liked to put them in and out of the little slot. My music kept going on and off and on and off until I finally gave it up. I thought that Isaak would be exhausted, but alas he managed to keep his little blue eyes open until about 2am. That's right--he fought sleep until 2am. Finally he just looked at me and said, "Mommy," and he was out. We made a little bed by our feet for him--yay for extra leg room. Cory got some sleep, but I don't sleep well on planes. We landed in NY about an hour early making our layover 5 hours instead of 4 hours and Isaak had only been asleep about 1.5 hours the entire night when we landed, so I thought he might stay asleep, but I was wrong. He ran around the airport and chased the birds. Yep--birds in the airport--a tiny bit weird, but I'm not complaining because it kept Isaak entertained for about 2 hours. We finally landed in Syracuse and were greeted by Gina and Kai. Isaak was pretty excited about having a play buddy. And it was awesome to see Gina. We love that Girl!

Gina had heard about a cool Halloween thing at a lake by her house, so of course we went. It was cold. Colder than I had anticipated. Isaak is wearing two coats, a sweatshirt and his regular clothes. This next picture comes as a bit of a surprise to me, but Isaak surprised me regularly on this trip. He did tons of things that he has never done before. The first being he fell asleep on Cory's shoulder while we were gazing at the pumpkins. You would think he was exhausted, but we still didn't get him to sleep until about midnight this night. Yikes. I was so tired that I fell asleep before him--we ended up having him sleeping with us, which we had never done before.

The pumpkins were pretty awesome. They had tons and tons of them and we saw so many different kinds. They were pretty amazing. So that was the first day of our trip. I know you are super excited to hear installments of what we did and how we did it.

Comments

jaredandgina said…
Little Isaak is definitely a fighter of the sleep! We miss playing all day!
The Studes said…
how fun! you are the second friend i have to have gone to new york in the last few weeks!!! crazy crazy. such a fun place though i wish i could go.

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!