Skip to main content

Hypnobirthing

So the day isn't so far away that I'm going to be having this baby. I think the second pregnancy must be faster than the first one. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant. My skin seems to be getting mighty stretched out by my belly button though, which has become half innie and half outie since Isaak. It's my proud to be a mommy crazy lopsided belly button. I only wonder if this time it will become a complete outie. Cory calls it my turkey timer. It's almost completely flat, so It's getting near time, which is actually the opposite of a turkey timer, but you get the idea right?

I have decided to use natural birth again. And this may surprise you, but I'm super excited. We hired a doula and she came over yesterday to go through some things and I'm really excited to see how this birth goes and hope that with my knowledge of what happened last time that I'll be more prepared. We plan on using hypnobirthing techniques along with some stuff from NIA, massage (especially the feet and I'm sure Cory's super excited about that one), guided imagery, meditation, distraction techniques and probably some walking. Last time I paced for the last two centimeters. I guess we'll see what happens. My goal is to labor at home for as long as possible then head over to the hospital. I can't believe how excited I am. I feel like I've been preparing for birth since the time that I had Isaak since I understand it better now then I feel like I can be more prepared. I've been trying to really be open to any ideas that just pop into my mind and then other things that people have shared with me about focusing my thoughts.

I had my appointment with my midwife and the baby is already head down and she loves, loves, loves to be massaged. She immediately gravitates to your hand if you gently press on her back. It's so funny how different I can feel that she and Isaak are going to be just from how different they are in the womb. I know it sounds a little crazy, but it's so different. We are supposed to take maternity photos, so hopefully I'll post some pictures soon. But for now you'll have to tolerate boring pictures of my scrapbooking pages that I've been working on feverishly each afternoon while Isaak naps. Ps--Isaak had his first asthma attack in about four months. I was sad, but at least we have all the things we need at home. He hasn't quite recovered yet, but hopefully by tomorrow he'll be feeling 100%.You may notice that each time we go hiking I wear the same shirt. I did. It's my only Tshirt that still fits that is easy to put on, but the bad news is I had to wear a different one when we went last week because my belly is getting too big!!

Comments

Heather said…
Cute pages. I am so glad you are excited about having the baby. Not to much longer!
Unknown said…
I'm so excited for you to do Hypnobirthing again! I think it's great that you didn't let your difficult experience deter you from it and I think you're right about how knowledgeable you'll be this time around.

I was talking to a friend out here who went natural and she did the Bradley method which consists of a lot of pushing pressure points on your back and stuff through contractions. I think I'd like to incorporate some of that with hypnobirthing next time.

I bet you'll have all the scoop on what to do and you'll help us to do better next time too! :)

This pregnancy has gone by really fast for us too because we haven't gotten to see you guys much. We are excited to see you in December, though! :)
Jenn said…
Sadie, I've been thinking about you lately since I know you're getting close to your due date. I hope things go so well for you! I have to admit, I may have thought you were a little crazy when you first said you wanted to try a natural birth with Isaak, but then of course, once I got pregnant myself, I totally understood! And while it didn't quite work out for me either, I feel like I will be so much more prepared next time. So much of that mystery (like what does a contraction even feel like?) will be gone and I'm confident it will be more peaceful. I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be