Skip to main content

what do I want????


I'm all over the place. I want to buy a house. I don't want to buy a house. All my life I've lived with other people. I lived with my family at home. I then went on a mission and lived with companions that I barely knew. On coming how i moved out after a few weeks and lived with friends in an apartment then in a house. I have always lived with people around me. Even now we are renting a basement apartment and I don't ever feel lonely because I know that they are just upstairs. But I want to have my own space, but I don't want to be alone. Is that crazy? We bid on a house last week and I was so excited that we might win the house. Winning. Sounds more exciting than saying our bid got accepted. People tell me that I will love having my own space and doing what I want. The thing about that is that I'm kind of lazy or maybe I just don't care enough. It took me four years to hang up pictures on the walls here. I've also been meaning
to decorate my bedroom for two years, but I haven't pulled through yet and now I also plan to decorate Chloe and Isaaks bedroom. Maybe if it's our own house I'll feel more passion? Or maybe I will still want to spend every waking moment outside. I don't know. See I don't know what I want. The whole time waiting to see if we won our house. I was thinking what? Do I want this? I don't want to be alone! I don't know if I'm ready to own land. It's not even that great of an investment is it? The second we found out we didn't get the house I felt sad. I thought I want my own place. I don't want to hear people run around upstairs--actually this doesn't bug me at all, but other people are bugged when they come over. I find the noise comforting-aka I'm not alone. But I thought what about my garden? All that storage space? We don't have a ton of storage space now and it kind of makes me crazy trying to invent new ways to fit everything in the same place. Alas. I'm off to be confused and befuddled. Do I want a house or don't I?
One thing I am sure about though is that I love this little lady! I loved this page so I'm sneaking it in. She is truly a joy. And another thing that I don't know about is Asthma. Grr. that's me growling at Asthma. I've been reading about it a lot because it's so hard for me to figure out when Isaak is having an attack. He was having one for about two week and now we are getting it under control now that we realize that it really is an attack. Most people imagine a child turning blue and not being able to breathe, but that's a severe attack. Before hand he just doesn't sleep at nights, his cough turns horrendous and almost unstoppable, he gets dark bags under his eyes and they get all watery. I'm learning his symptoms, but it isn't always obvious. I told the doctor I was confused and he said when in doubt try albuterol and if it doesn't work then its not asthma its just a cold. Well what's crazy about that is that we try albuterol it doesn't work so we assume its a cold, but that same cold in a few days has turned into asthma and is no longer a cold, but an asthma attack. GRrrrR! This is me growling at asthma again. I hate to imagine his little airways all swollen up and full of mucous. I just want them to be normal and open. Acceptance. I'm trying. I keep thinking that asthma will magically go away. Who knows maybe it will. Okay so maybe I'm not quite to acceptance yet.

Comments

Penny said…
It would be fun to own a home, but yes a lot of work too! Good luck! Hope the asthma gets better!
Heather said…
I love owning my own home, but I never liked renting. I didn't like giving someone else money and never actually owning anything in return. Owning my home I feel like usually it only appreciates in value and if I make smart decisions in my life when I die I can at least leave my kids something.
We are the same way. Erik and I keep going back and forth between buying and not buying. Now we are currently back on the buying bandwagon. I am sorry about Issac's asthma. That is such a pain and scary for you I am sure. It must be no fun trying to deal with that a lot. You are such a trooper. Your page of Chloe is so cute by the way.
Sara said…
I'll tell you what you want... You want to move to Brian and Sara where ever they are! Love you ;)

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...