Skip to main content

Rock that BABY!!

On Mothers Day we had speakers in church that talked about Moms. Usually it's customary to have a man talk about his mom, but this year they had some mom's talk. I kind of liked it. They know what I do everyday. They know I love it and that I get over stressed about it and sometimes think how in the world or what am I doing!!! One of the speakers wanted to send a message to different types of Moms. The message for me was the message for new Mom's. I'm not a super new Mom, I mean I'm on my second right? But I do have a beautiful little lady that is going to to 7 months soon. I can't believe it. So in any case I feel new and I'm always asking Mom's of older children what would you do differently? What would you do more of? What worked? So anyway I'm getting overzealous and over sharing, but the message to new Mom's was--Rock that Baby as much as you can. She said, "I just recently sent my son to the Missionary training center to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I thought that time had gone too fast and I didn't take advantage of all the opportunities that i should have. My daughter just went to prom and is graduating. I'm overwhelmed by how old they are and my best advice to you new Mom's is to rock those babies as much as you can." Later that day I was getting my temple recommend renewed. The counselor in the Bishopric told me that the advice shared in church that morning was excellent advice. He shared with me some additional advice given to him. His son just returned from a mission and moved away for work. He said, "I was told that the most important thing that I could do was to cuddle, rock and love my kids when they were young. It's the best advice I'd ever been given." 

I was thinking about that. I spend time each day playing with Isaak and then playing with Chloe and then playing with them together. I was doing that right? But then I realized maybe I wasn't. Little Miss Chloe Leona likes to be bounced to sleep. I sit on my yoga ball and bounce her to sleep for her two naps and Cory usually does it before bed. Cory loves to bounce her to sleep and sees it as a privilege. I was seeing it as a chore. I kept thinking-sheesh I have a million things to do Let's go to sleep already. I think that sometimes society(this could just be my perception, but alas I do perceive it!) makes me think that it's better if my Baby falls asleep by herself or does everything by herself and I just minimally participate, but I think that's wrong. I have taken that bouncing Chloe-Leona to sleep time as treasured time to cuddle, kiss, snuggle, and sing her to sleep. It has become my favorite time of day. After I finish snuggling her I find Isaak and chase him around until I capture him in some wrestling snuggles. I now cherish moments of just cuddling and loving because what better thing could I be doing? I think it's the best use of my time. I want my kids to know that they are loved and cherished every single day and poor Isaak he's learning to much that he needs to feel that love after all this instruction and learning that he is doing. I took a pic of Chloe-Leona after I rocked her to sleep today. 
Seriously? Could anything be better? I love holding a sleeping baby.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.