Skip to main content

Another week passes

Isaak is now nine weeks old. I can't believe it's been that long. It's a miracle to see how far we've come. It's far. The first week Cory went back to work I almost had a panic attack. I thought I can't believe he's going to leave me alone with the baby. At this point he (Isaak-not Cory) was crying quite a bit and I was so overwhelmed. His crying has decreased quite a bit in the last few weeks. We still have rough spots, but the light is surely shining. Hopefully it will keep on shining outside-I want the warm weather back. It makes being at home so much more fun because we can go on walks and read on the lawn. Some of the fun things that Isaak has started to do in the last few weeks are......

1. He has actually laughed-a real laugh! He has only laughed twice and Cory has unfortunately missed both times.

2. He loves to hear you sing and make silly little noises. He will play after he eats for about 45 -90 minutes and if you leave him alone for too long he lets out this crazy loud noise that means-Hey will you come back here and pay attention to me.

3. He is greatly fascinated by fans and lights. I like this new discovery because he is distracted from crying when I get under a light or turn on the ceiling fan.

4. I got pooped on for the first time. I mean really pooped on. He pooped a few times, so I thought he was done and started to change his diaper and the second I got it off I got covered in foamy, runny poop. I had to wash my clothes and disinfect my arms, scrub the floor and change his clothes. I admit that as soon as I got pooped on I ran to the bathroom to wash off my arms. I realized my mistake when I came back and Isaak had kicked his little legs into his dirty diaper and had covered his socks and clothes in poop too. Needless to say I had to wash my hands again.

5. He has started sleeping through the night. His last feeding is at 10:30pm and he sleeps until about 6am, but has gone as late as 7am. Sometimes he wakes up to pass gas-it can't be too easy to pass if you have to wake up to do it.


6. One of my favorite times with Isaak is bath time. He loves getting a bath-he just hates getting out. He kicks his feet around and is all smiles.

So we are all adjusting here. I think Isaak is starting to think this place might not be too bad and I'm starting to think-hey maybe I can do this and even sometimes-oh yeah I can do this.
I looked through all out bath pictures and this is one of Isaak's funny faces. I just wish I knew what he was thinking.
I know he's not smiling in this picture, but he is super content. I'll have to take some more bath pictures, so you can see how really much he loves the tub.
This is Isaak's crying face. We see it more often then we'd like, but it's cute because he will stick out his lower lip and it will just quiver away.

Comments

jaredandgina said…
oh he is so cute and so big, I can't wait to see him again but by that time he is going to be huge!
Love you guys
DottieLou said…
ahhhh... cute towel picture
Valarie said…
I bet Cory was crying all the time he was away.
Unknown said…
I'm glad that things are getting easier for you. I can imagine that it's quite an adjustment to take care of such a little and helpless person. I'm sorry we haven't been out to see you guys much, but I'm glad that I can catch up and read your blog. Talk to you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be