Skip to main content

The big one

So I know it's been a couple of weeks, but I think it deserves mentioning. I turned 30. The black over the hill birthday. I just want you to know that I didn't feel any different, but I'm still in a newborn haze, so I'll let you know if it changes when the haze passes. The only thing that made me think that I was getting old is that when we pulled into a parking lot a car pulled in across from us and when the boys started getting out I thought to myself, "Surely they aren't old enough to drive. They look like they are barely in the sixth grade." I remembered someone saying that when high schoolers start to look young, then you are getting old. I don't know if I believe such a statment-maybe I'm just getting wiser and more knowledgeable and I understand better what I had no idea about before. I remember being a teenager and I'm surely not wanting to go back-so far the twenties have been my favorite part of my life span. Hopefully life continues to get better and better and better and when I turn thirty I'll happily report that my thirties are so far my favorite. I am going to write that I will do a blog of my favorite moments during my twenties which is a big project because I am so old that at the beginning of my twenties we still used film in our cameras so I will have to scan in some pictures, but I'll do that blog sometime this year. Haha-what a lengthy time line I just gave myself.....

Comments

aisy said…
Happy birthday! seriously, 30s rock. It's like the new 20 but you're hotter and have more money... at least that's what it was like for me.
DottieLou said…
wow... film camera's you are old... he he he
I hope you had a great Birthday this week I will be turning 30 too. Unlike you I am a little nervous about it.
I am coming up at the end of April I hope we can get together.
Valarie said…
30 isn't bad - actually I don't think I handled it very well. Wait until it's your baby that is the one that looks too young to drive - then you will feel old.
Unknown said…
Happy birthday Sadie! Sounds like you have the right attitude about turning thirty. I know that Paul is nervous about that birthday, next year, but I keep reassuring him that thirty is the new twenty. People are living must longer and so perhaps our prime has changed a bit as well.
The Studes said…
Oh my goodness I totaly forgot your birthday!!! I'm soooo sorry.

Happy belated birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be