Skip to main content

CaTch UP

There are a couple of things that I've wanted to blog about, but forgot to make time to do it, but I have time now. First thing is..........................my first sewing project.....
.In all it's hand sewn glory. I might have scared my Mom to death when I was using her sewing machine. It was the simplest sewing ever, but of course it was all new to me and I struggled to figure out how to use it--but the important thing was that I did. It took me forever to finish this project-really hours. I like the finished project, but I don't love it because it's a really raggedy look in all kinds of ways rather than just frayed edges. I like the fabric and that devilishly handsome man with the white tie in the background. This is Cory and I in my running days. I really mean days. I had to stop running because I couldn't eat enough calories to make milk and exercise. A quick plug for breastfeeding-how awesome that I get to eat whatever I want and it just melts away--haha!So this was the first time that I ever ran for fun. It was about 2.5 months after I had Isaak and we ran in a 5K. I know to you big time runners that it's nothing a little measley 3 miles, but it was huge for me. I actually feel pretty proud of myself for doing it. My goal was to run the entire time without stopping and we did it. We ran and ran and ran-well for three miles anyway. I felt awesome when we finished and was planning on running in a 10k then a half, but now that will have to wait......
Isaak during his first 5k. He slept through the entire thing!!! What an angel. He slept through all the loudness-all the noise. I'm sure it was some hard work......My favorite thing about this day was that the race ended at the mall. We had a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble and bought a couple of books. We got a couple of classics: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Peter Pan-we thought that they were perfect books for a boy-plus I've never read Peter Pan. Then we shared a warm blueberry scone that was delicious!!!!!!! It was a great day!!

Comments

DottieLou said…
good times... is Cory still running with me??? or did he quit too?
I love the sewing project. How fun that you get to take time to learn these fun skills now. If you ever work as a rec therapist again when your kids are older, think of all the new skills you will have in your toolbox from being a mom. Oh and you have definitely convinced me I am breastfeeding when I have a baby. I definitely want to lose the baby fat the easy way.
Cory&SadieK said…
cory is still going strong. i'm not quiting i just cant practice-it will be a dry run for me!!!
The Studes said…
hey you got your basket finished!! thats awesome it looks so cute to. Isaak is going to lov eit next year =)
aisy said…
So cute... and I love the pics. Running is a whole different beast, and I love that you did it as a family. That rocks. Can't wait to read what your next adventures are when you don't have to burn calories for two!
Unknown said…
When did you guys run in that 5K? Paul's been really interested in running lately and I do some here and there as well. Maybe when you can get back to it we could run some races together? What a fun day!

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!