Skip to main content

I have never

I have gone many places and forgotten my cell phone, I've forgotten my purse, my wallet, my debit card, my chap stick, an extra snack, my ipod, my ipod charger (which makes it difficult for an aerobic instructor to not have her music), my water bottle, my homework, my book, and a myriad of other things that you need on vacation or just every single day. All things that you can generally manage without or make do. They were hosting a special event by our house with horse rides, fishing, a petting zoo, and tons of games for little kids. I know that it gets busy really fast and that Isaak doesn't like to wait in lines, so I was rushing to get us there at 9am when it opened. I tried to coax Isaak out of his pajamas. He has this Lightening McQueen pajamas that we just bought and he hates to take them off. It took some time and a lot of effort to get him out of those pajamas and then a whole other round to get him to put his shoes on and then I was out the door. Yay! We were going to be early.

I was just turning into the parking lot when I thought---why did I take my shoes off? Then my brain thought--what why would you take your shoes off? Then a huge siren went off in my brain--I forgot my shoes. I live about 15 minutes from the park--we were so gloriously early and now we were going to be gloriously later and have to wait in lines. I was so disappointed. How could I forget my shoes? I don't have a garage and I have to walk up these huge rock stairs that are covered with rocks and acorn shells, but I didn't notice the pads of my feet???? I started driving my car and didn't notice that I had no shoes on?? I never drive barefoot. I didn't want to manage without shoes so we went back home. Isaak was a little surprised that we turned around right as we got to the park. Grrr. I guess I'll have to make a little sign that says--WAIT!! Do you have your shoes on??

Comments

DottieLou said…
oh good lord that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. HE HE HE.. blame it on being pregnant. I can not beleive I had to read that here.
Haha gotta love pregnant brain. That is a pretty entertaining story. Don't worry your memory will get better around Oct. 30th lol
Heather said…
At least you didn't forget Isaak!

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...