Skip to main content

The Best Day--YET!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH! That is not a scream ah, but a ahhhhhh-as in ahhhh that's awesome. I loved today. It was Isaak's best day of life-I think he really enjoyed it too. We started at 7am and he slept all night long. He didn't even wake up to grunt-awesome. Then I got ready for work (my nia class) and he was super-super happy. He just hung out smiling and looking at lights. I got all ready and was even ten minutes early to my Nia class. The class ended in a standing ovation and who doesn't love to get a standing ovation-if that wasn't enough to make an awesome day when I went to pick up Isaak, Cory was there waiting for me. He got half the day off. Yeah-awesome! So we hurried home and made a picnic lunch and went to the park. Isaak just sat on the blanket with us. We spent time together that didn't involve crying, bouncing, switching off, pacifying or anything of the sort-we just spent time together. I loved it. We were at the park for a couple of hours. I kept Isaak in the shade the whole time, but he looks a little pink to me. I think he got a little too much sun. I hope I'm wrong. He then had a small problem with his acid reflux tonight, but it passed after about 20 minutes. It was awesome. Now he's starting to fall asleep and I'm sighing with relief and great Happiness!!!! I had Cory take a picture of Isaak and I, so I could always remember this day. I love days that are completely simple, but incredibly satisfying.

Comments

DottieLou said…
I am so incredibly happy for you and for Issak to be feeling better
I know you have been waiting for a day like this since Issac was born. I am glad things are going better.
jaredandgina said…
Horray Sadie! I am so happy for you! I love the picture it is sooo beautiful! Cheers to many more best days yet!!
Heather said…
That is so great! Hopefully this is the beginning of many more simply happy days with Isaak.
Unknown said…
Sounds like an great day for both mommy and baby. That's cool that you had a standing ovation from your class.
Tina said…
I can't believe this was so long ago. And your hair is ironed straight in this picture... that looks so different to me. What a great picture!

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

Scattered

Little "I" takes his first daring steps into the unknown...okay we didn't really have the camera ready for his first steps, but he took them on Cory's Birthday. Cory was so excited that Isaak actually gave him a Birthday Present--ahhh, I'm sure your heart is melting. We've had some big changes in January. Mainly Cory's work schedule. It's all crazy, but we are adjusting. We've gone snowshoeing about five times already this year. Isaak gets so bundled up that it reminds me of The Christmas Story when the little boys cries because he can't put his arms down. Isaak got swimming lessons for Christmas. I laugh hysterically during the lessons. Isaak isn't a cuddly baby, but in the pool he wraps his little arms around my neck and DOESN'T let go!!! He is warming up to the idea though and was less scared this week compared to last week. But I must admit that I love the cuddling. We also bought him some reusable swim diapers. He looks like he'