Skip to main content

GIVE ME A.........

Give me some pom-poms. Yeah that's right. I cheered my heart out last friday. So for those of you that didn't know-you may be shocked to find out that I was a cheerleader in High School-all three years. I even cheered in Junior High School. My friend, Marcie, came up with the idea that we should cheer at our Homecoming Game. Now take into consideration that I graduated from HS over ten years ago. You might be hoping to see some pictures of me in my cheerleading uniform, but I must disappoint you. First of all in High School I had no hips. I actually wore a
size 0 or 1. You can only imagine what my skirt looks like on me now. Yikes-I can't even get the zipper up. I'm also nursing which means that I'm more endowed in certain areas--if you know what I mean. So the uniform was 100% out.

I showed up late--really late after seven. I found Marcie and we went stomping unto the field with confidence. Haha--just kidding. We actually talked about how nervous we were and debated on how to make our entrance. Finally we just did it. We walked out and took our place beside the other out of date cheerleaders. They cheered last year--so maybe they were about ten years younger than us. The amazing thing was that it felt normal. Once we started it was wicked fun. I was giggling, reminiscing, watching us lose, and cheering my heart out. I didn't dare try a toe touch--didn't want to embarrass myself. My only regret is that I didn't use my poms once.

I was super impressed with the Head Cheerleader and her CoLeader?? They both came up and welcomed us, showed us some of the new cheers, etc. They were still doing some of the same cheers that we did ten years ago. It amazed me. Where's Sadie? This is our best action shot--too bad there wasn't a lot of action. Yep-I'm wearing Gaucho pants and Chacos. I swear Chacos should pay me to wear their shoes. I wear them everywhere. I didn't think my blue runners would go well with Green and Gold.

Marcie and I at our alma matter. It was seriously so much fun.

Comments

Unknown said…
I think that it is AWESOME that you had the guts to go back and do that. Good for you!
Jenn said…
That is so funny and so awesome!
DottieLou said…
when I was in school there was a guy from the 60's that came every year.... he could still do back flips... and he could where his letter sweater.... crazy stuff... you can always shake those pom poms next year
Valarie said…
yes - shake those pom poms next year - hopefully Chase will play and we can make it a family event - wouldn't that be awesome - cheering on your cousin that is 14 years younger - Wahoo!! Go Cougars!!!! ps - I promise he won't be embarrassed - your not his mom

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be