Skip to main content

the rest of my normal week

I realized after finishing my post that I forgot to mention a few huge things that I accomplished last week and they should be mentioned. The first being that I finished canning my bushel of pears!! I finished canning and jamming my half bushel of peaches. I also contemplated raspberry jam, but haven't made it yet. Now I have to go pick some apples to make a whole lot of apple sauce. I must also admit that I had help and in no way could I have ever done it alone. Thank you Carol and Marsha, which really means thank you for bottling my stuff while I chase Isaak around--you are awesome.

I also cut open my finger. I was trying to be all prepared for dinner by making pulled pork in the crock pot, but as I was cutting the onion--all went askew. I sliced into my finger and I felt it hit the bone. Then the blood--ewww--I remembered that fingers were bleeders, so naturally I stayed nice and calm-haha. I tried direct pressure and bandaging, but the blasted thing kept bleeding, so I contemplated getting stitches all day long. I learned in my WFR course that if the skin doens't fall together then you should get stitches. I looked at the sides gaping open and kept thinking--hmm maybe it's not that bad. I waited long enough that I couldn't get it stitched up. Several people suggested superglue, but I was afraid of infection and I must admit I didn't clean it as well as I should have--I'm a wuss(as I have previously stated) and it hurt. It also bugged me to watch my skin flap as I held it under the tap. But my little gapping wound has all closed up. So at first I regretted skipping the stitches, but now I'll have an awesome little scar to remind me of my first pulled pork, which was delicious and lasted for four meals!!!!

I got to see some awesome people last week. Yes--I'm talking about you Penny, Jennie, Aislinn, and Tina. It was fun to see you. I also got to talk to several great people Gina and Teana! Since I lost all my phone numbers it was great to have them give me a call. I also got called to be the Beehive Advisor in my Ward, which means I will be teaching young women about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I hope they like me. I'm really excited. I also got to see Cory study all the time!! He's getting ready to take the GMAT....yikes...can't wait until that's over. I wonder who came up with the idea of all these silly little tests that cost way too much money.

Comments

Unknown said…
Cutting yourself while making dinner is the worst! I usually get really wussy when I see the blood (I'm a wimp).

Good luck on the GMAT. Let us know how it goes and how difficult it is cuz I'll be taking that one day!
aisy said…
You'll do great in that calling! And I was so happy to see you! Kristina said she'd love to get together too...
Congratulations on your new calling. You will do such an amazing job. You are so good at these kinds of things. You will have to show me your scars on your fingers since we will be neighbors on Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!