Skip to main content

Our summer adventures

I figure since it's September I need to get caught up on all the things we did in August. I can't believe the summer is already over--Hello Fall!! I love fall. First of all, I get sick of it being so blasted hot, second I love the smell of crisp mornings, and third it's the best time to play ultimate frisbee or roller hockey with out the roller. I used to play all the time before I met Cory. Ahhh the single days. I do miss being able to get enough people together to play--where can us marrieds go enjoy a game of ultimate, eh?????? We have had a busy month. I went to Portland-I think I'll keep that blog separate. We just got back from Lake Powell. We've been hiking several times. You are going to get pictured out. I've warned you.

So let's start with Lake Powell. Oh boy, oh boy. This was quite the week. It was awesome fun. I got to spend a lot of time with Teana, Gina and their lover boys along with meeting Gina and Jared's family. They were awesome. We spent an entire week on a houseboat. Isaak struggled to sleep through the night, which means we struggled to sleep through the night along with everyone else on the trip. Isaak has this high pitched scream on his cry that Cory calls the brain rattler--now just imagine that echoing off the canyon walls at night. haha.

The highlights of the week were boating, kayaking, swimming in oil--yeah!!!, I finally got up on a single ski. I felt like a super star. The food was awesome--I was never lonely--I got to read tons--I got to relax tons and it was fun to watch Isaak play with Kai. I also took my first lake bath in the dark--I have no idea why water scares me, but it was an awesome bath eventhough I was sure that the lockness monster was watching me and just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. The not highlights were the fact that our car broke down on Saturday night, which we later found out was the engine. My poor little subbie is broken. I lost my wedding ring. Isaak started teething. Cory lost his wedding ring. It was an awesome adventure. Next year we hope to go to Costa Rica---ahhhhh sandy beaches and pina coladas. Anybody want to come???Isaak and I getting ready to go swimming. It was super hot every day. We slept with a sheet. I didn't even keep it on me. I just kept my feet covered up because for some reason I can't sleep with absolutely no blankets. Our only family picture at Lake Powell. Yes Cory and I both look like we just got buckets of water dumped on our heads. The floaty was Jared's parents and Isaak loved, loved, loved it. I have to find one for him.Isaak and Cory steering the houseboat. Isaak thought that the steering wheel was about the coolest thing ever. This was the coolest walker I've ever seen in my life. It is made by bright stars and has an activity table in the middle and the walker walks around the table. The babies loooooved it. If you are looking for a jumperoo, an exersaucer or anything like it--this is what you should get--it rules.The cutest babies ever. They had so much fun playing together. They would see eachother and just smile and baby talk to eachother. I will have to post more pics in the next blog tomorrow--I'm a sleepy girl and too tired to upload all the photos and try to move them around. I used to be able to drag them, but recently that quit working--anyway...

Comments

Jenn said…
So, did you ever find your wedding rings, or are they both at the bottom of Lake Powell?? Congrats for getting up on a single ski - you ARE a super star! And Isaak looks so happy in that steering wheel picture - it looks like his smile couldn't possibly be any bigger!
Cory&SadieK said…
Yes both of our rings are together at the bottom of the lake. Gina pointed out that they must have wanted to be together. I like the idea. I lost mine on Tuesday and Cory sent his down to it's watery grave on Thursday. Isaak does have a huge smile--huge!!!
EA said…
Wow, sounds like you guys have had tons of fun last month. Hope you found your wedding rings!

Excited to see you guys on Saturday!
EA said…
Oh, I just saw that you said you lost your rings in the lake.... SO SAD :(
Heather said…
Looks like so much fun (except the wedding rings of course). Ooooh Costa Rica!! Maybe you can convince Chad how fun it would be and we could come to!!
DottieLou said…
he is so cute... love that smile
jaredandgina said…
Cute pictures Sadie! I am glad you guys had fun, we loved having you all there and finally getting to spend time together like the good ole days except now we have two little squirts that demand our attention!
We would love to go to costa rica keep us in on the details
aisy said…
so crappy about the rings and car! But the pics are adorable and Isaak's smile is one of a kind!

Popular posts from this blog

the pics

Okay-so I'm feeling a little more confident today. I went to church and people saw me and nobody screamed. haha! I actually think that I like it-second day is usually always better, eh? It reminds me of a time on my mission when the same kind of thing happened. I said just un petit peu! (a little bit), but I came out with a whole new head of hair and I cried--you have to know that when you are on a mission everything seems worse than it really is and better than it really is-highs and lows=not so many inbetweens. So enough of this blabbing--I'm posting some pictures. So this is what I imagined I might have looked like yesterday when I looked in the mirror--thinking what have I done!!!! Me today thinking--hey I think I like it. I can actually smile about it today. Isaak in the cutest hat ever-sorry the lighting is kind of bad, but it was cloudy and darker than usual, but isn't he just the cutest ever? I love him in this outfit. I would have him wear it every day so I could l...

My Lovely Baby Bump

My Mom was nice enough to come down and take some awesome pictures of me and my lovely baby bump along with my two favorite guys ever. I love how they turned out! I think I'm about 34 weeks in the pics, but I haven't gotten more than a few centimeters larger--as of yet! I will post a few and then I might post some more as I get them more arranged, but I love them!!!! I know my bump isn't in all of them, but Isaak wasn't the most cooperative guy ever that night. He wanted to run around and play, but alas my Mom worked some magic and caught some great pics of him. so there you have them!

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting. ...