Skip to main content

a normal week

Playing with toys on his personal ottoman.
Isn't he cute in those Pajammies? I got them in Portland.
Isaak gets really excited when he escapes to the outside.

I am about to wow you with how interesting I am...no really I'm not. I'm simply going to talk about my week because I haven't had much more going on. I might even add some pictures of Isaak, but they will be at the top of the blog since I didn't upload them until after....

The highpoint of my week was going to a baby class. Isaak and I went to a baby story time. We got to play ring around the rosie, hokie pokie, and other fun games-it was awesome Isaak giggled and giggled. Then I got to watch Isaak watch the other kids and play on a mat with lots of toys. At this point of baby story time I started to feel a little anxious because I didn't know what baby toy etiquette was. Isaak likes to put pretty much everything in his mouth. I knew these were shared toys--should I let him put them in his mouth? So I tried to stop him, which is like trying to stop fruit flies on decaying fruit. I kept slyly trying to move the toys away from his mouth and gently wipe off his slobber without anyone noticing--then I started observing the other babies--they all had toys in their mouth. I sat back and let Isaak chomp away.

After a month of no car---------drumroll-----I have a car. Yeah!! I went to the store today because I could. I also have to clean out Mechanic smell tomorrow. It feels nice to have a car, but I'm actually grateful for the time that I didn't have a car. We learn a lot about ourselves when we are out of our comfort zones, eh?

We rented some movies from the library. I think the library is one of my favorite places in the world--Gracie is a great film=you should all go rent it from your local library then you'll have a week to watch it and it's free. ahhh--I love the library.

Comments

DottieLou said…
fun stuff... and what did you learn by not having a car .. other than you Love having a car
Unknown said…
I like that you posted stuff about your everyday life with Isaak. I like learning about what everyone else does during the day.
I would have totally been like you... all concerned about if my baby was doing something not acceptable at that class. That is great that you got to relax a bit and let him have fun!
Cory&SadieK said…
Sheesh. I learned so much about not having a car. I learned to ask for help more often. I got used to really being at home-a lot. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Now today I went walking and don't really even want to go anywhere though I need to buy some stuff at the store and get a present. I just don't feel like going--I'd rather stay home. I learned that I actually like to stay home. I also was retaught about how patient I need to be. I'm so impatient.
Heather said…
Isaak is growing so much. I wish we were closer and got to see him more. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be