Skip to main content

Portland or BUST!!

This trip was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! I got to see some great friends. Chelsie, her cute little pregnant belly, Mike (her hubby), and Sara. My little Sara got married. I even got all teary eyed at the wedding ceremony. I almost got teary eyed before I left. It seemed weird to leave Isaak since the longest time I've been away from him was about five hours--unless you count when we are sleeping. But it was actually a really great trip. It was short, but it was exactly what I needed. The second day of the trip. Don't worry I am driving, but I was stopped at a stoplight. The first night was pretty surprising. I got in and Chelsie picked me up at the airport. Thanks again Chelsie. We went back to their cute home and Sara decided she was going to come by before going home. Well she ended up needing some stuff at the store, so I decided to go and get it for her. Yikes--First problem-I had no idea where I was. I didn't even know how to get back to Chelsie's house. I remembered seeing some stores on the way out. So I went. As I drove down the road I got really excited because I realized I had no idea where I was going, but I was going. I found all the stuff Sara needed, plus two cute new shirts, a new pair of PJ's for Isaak and some Popeyes spicy shrimp. When I got back to Chelsie's house I felt like I had conquered Portland.

So I did come for a reason--Sara's wedding at the Porland Temple, which is an absolutely beautiful temple. It's so green and there are so many flowers. It's like a little Oasis. It's one of my new favorite temples. Temples are awesome.



Pretty Sara Girl after the wedding. She looked so beautiful. Really doesn't she???? PS--we made her bouquet the night before her wedding. It doesn't look too shabby, eh?


On my third day I went to the Vancouver Farmers market and had a great time making my tongue and fingers purple with Marionberries. YUMMMM!!

Double Yum. A taco with all the fixings. Sorry about all the pics--I was wondering around by myself, but by random surprise- I ran into Sara and her new husband at the farmers market buying flowers for her reception. How funny.


A nice foreigner took this picture for me. He didn't want to do it, but I think he felt bad that I was by myself so he conceded. I was at Washington Park in Portland. It's an amazing park-you can look over the entire city. I spent a little bit of time at the International Rose Garden. All of the pics below are from the garden. It again was beautiful.





I forgot to upload a picture of Cory and Isaak waiting for me at the Airport. They were quite the sight for sore eyes. I was so excited to see them. It was fun to spend time by myself and rediscover what it's like to be alone, especially shopping without having to worry about going fast or holding a little one while trying on a pair of pants. I loved it, but I loved seeing me boys too. I can't wait to return. I would love to live in Portland, Vancouver or one of the towns by there. I absolutely adore the area. Now how to find Cory a job there...............

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, what a fun trip. Your sister does look gorgeous.

That's great that you got some time for yourself because I think it might be easy to forget "who you are" when you're always in a role (i.e. mom, wife, church calling, etc.)

I have one suggestion... I don't know if its my computer, but I am having a hard time reading your blog because the lettering is hard to see.. will you bold it or make it bigger? Thanks. Sorry to be a pain.
DottieLou said…
pretty flower pics... me old eyes have a hard time reading your blog... FIX THE FONT COLOR love MOM
Heather said…
Looks like you had a blast, I am so jealous! I understand the nice being away, but great to see the family again.
It was so fun to see your vacation! I am glad you had such a good time. Sarah looked so beautiful. I haven't seen her since she moved back to Oregon. It looked like you had a lot of fun.
visit any time, sadie. next time, bring your boys!

Popular posts from this blog

Whaaaaat??????

I'm happily brushing my teeth in the bathroom. I'm looking around wondering what else I could be doing while I'm brushing my teeth and I started to think to myself, hmmmm , I wonder what's in toothpaste? I picked up the tube with my free hand and continued brushing. As I was reading the back I noticed a WaRnINg : Do not use for more than four weeks at a time. What? Do not use for more than four weeks? I anticipated reading if you swallow more than what you are brushing your teeth with call poison control. I try to start adding up how long I've been using this toothpaste. Cory didn't like it, so I've been using it solo and it has surely been more than four weeks. Now I don't know what to do with it--do I take a break and come back to it or do I just keep using it? I mean it's been about three months and I still have quite a bit left and nothing seems out of the ordinary yet...But seriously I think that the warning on the toothpaste should at least be

OW!!!!!

So yesterday we decided to go rollerblading. I know it’s a little out of style, but it is great fun. The first thing that I need to mention is that I have a great pair of rollerblades. They are speedy-I barely have to move. The second is that I’m not great at stopping. I can do it, but it’s hard to stop quickly. So the story-There is this trail by our house that is hilly and curvy. We start going uphill and we are going against the wind so it’s pretty hard. We were a huffin’ and puffin’ and sweatin‘--Cory more than me since he‘s actually pushing the stroller. I start to get a little nervous when Cory points out that we will be going downhill and the wind will push us. Hmmmm-I’m thinking to myself that means we’ll practically be flying. I tell myself it’s okay because I’ve gotten much better at stopping. I even reached the top of the trail before Cory and was telling my friend Tina that I had better get off the phone unless I wanted to end up getting plastic surgery from face planting.